|Country||Philippines||Mayor||HON. JOHN D. BALASYA|
|Region||Cagayan Valley (Region 2)||Barangay||30|
|Province||Nueva Vizcaya||Land Area||48, 290 hectares|
|Classification||4th class||Total Population||21, 453 (NSO, 2010)|
|Zip Code||3708||Products||temperate vegetables, root crops, flowers, cabbages|
|Town Fiesta||Owag Shi Kayapa
|Patronal Fiesta||St. Joseph
Kayapa was founded in 1754 by the first Commandante Dovilla to spread the Christian faith and to establish a civil government to the non- Christian tribes. The municipal names was coined from a native tree “Kalabao” meaning orange and “Yapa” meaning a valley into Kayapa, by the Commandante, which was inhabited by the Alagots, second descendants of Bomangi and Owac, and the third descendants of Kalahan, Ibaloi, Ilo-o and Karao who settled in the fertile valley. For almost two centuries, Kayapa was a part of the province of Pangasinan and the Spanish Civil Government ran and controlled nearly all institutional establishments and several Rancherias. In the latter part of 1881, Kayapa became a part of Mountain province, now Benguet. A decree was proclaimed by the Governor General concentrating the Igorots under the rule of Spanish friars who ruled through tyranny, cruelty, hard labor and severe punishments that led those who resented flee to the mountains and joined the revolutionary forces under the leadership of General Emilio Aguinaldo, who fought back the Spaniards in the year 1900.
In the 1901-1904, Kayapa was part of Tayug, Pangasinan. On January 1, 1913, the municipality of Kayapa again became a part of Benguet, Mountain province by virtue of the Executive Order No. 9. Then on January 23, 1915, Governor General Francis Burton Harrison signed EO No. 9 that the territory of the former Commandancia of Kayapa, except that which lies within the Benguet watershed of Agno River be transferred to the province of Nueva Vizcaya.
After liberation, Kayapa was divided into two municipalities: municipality of Pingkian and Kayapa. However, on December 5, 1950, an election took place and Castillo M. Tidang, Sr., was elected mayor whose term the municipality of Pingkian was merged with the municipality of Kayapa, thereby making Kayapa a municipality as it is today.
|BALANGABANG||KAYAPA PROPER EAST||SAN FABIAN|
|BUYASYAS||KAYAPA PROPER WEST||TIDANG VILLAGE|